Sunday, December 31, 2006

Saddam's death!

Today, the hottest news was the execution of Saddam. It is very important even in the world. Saddam was one of the Middle Easterner tyrants. He killed or caused death of hundreds of thousands of people! When he attacked Iran, I was 6 years old. I clearly remember those days. How can you forget the harsh memory of losing your home! September 1980!
All these years, I have been following the news about him. I did not have any emotional feeling toward him though. So am I happy or not? I am not sure. Three yeas ago, when he was captured by Americans, I was happy to see the fall of a dictator in the Middle East. But I don’t believe in death penalty. I do not think that violence solves any problem. It just magnifies the hatred and violence!
Indeed, he committed many other crimes but was executed for one of them! The other interesting aspect of this even is to look at the different reactions in the world! Many people are sad and condemned it! How come in 21 century, information era, many people consider him a hero or martyr?! It cannot be due to unawareness! It seems to his supporters, those lives were not important. They were Iranians, Iraqi shiat and Kurds or traitors!!! This is sad!
I wish a world where people sharing all the world

Imagine there's no countries,
It isn't hard to do,
Nothing to kill or die for,
No religion too,
Imagine all the peopleliving life in peace...
Imagine no possesions,
I wonder if you can,
No need for greed or hunger,
A brotherhood of man,
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

As you know, most of the victims of Saddam's era were Kurds (non-Arabs), and Shia (non-Sunnis). And I think that's why Sunni-Arabs were really sad for the execution of Saddam.
You may call it racism, but unfortunately this is the sad truth.

Unknown said...

Thank Tarek for your feeedback. I agree with you. You are right it is Sad!