Friday, December 29, 2006

After thoracic surgery rotation!

Over the past six months, I have been trying to write something! but too busy especially on my thoracic surgery rotation! Most of the days, I was either on-call or post-call. On this rotation, I worked about 350 hours/ mo in average! I know! it is crazy! According to Pairo, we should not work more than 240/ mo or 80 hours/ wk. However, there are a lot exciting stuff to do! and I think it is worth it!
As junior, we are able to do some basic, but important stuff such as chest tube insertion, percunatenous tracheostomy and thoracotomy and pre and post Op management of thoracic patients. Sometimes, they are really sick, cardiac arrhythmia, pulmonary edema, myocardial infarction and many other critical issues!

Anyways, I am going to do my emergency rotation. It should be relatively light rotation and I will do 8 hour shifts!

No comments: